girls

girls

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Ticket Shop


I've found the perfect way to entice the children to do chores, use kind soft words, and get ready for school in the mornings and bed in the nights - Ticket Shop.
We've actually been using this reward system for a couple of years now, and it still has not lost it's appeal to the girls.
Together, we sat down at the computer and made the "tickets" - basically currency for me to pay them for their good deeds. I used business cards and printed, laminated, and cut them out. I keep tickets in the kitchen, in the bathroom, in my purse, and grab several to put in my pocket in the morning. When I catch them being good, voila!, a ticket! Whenever I am at a store, I keep my eye out for little toys, books, stickers, arts and craft supplies, etc. and add them to my little store. Ticket Shop happens once a week, and I set the price for the various items. If they've had a great week behavior-wise, then they really reap the benefits by getting to buy more at the shop.

No comments: