girls

girls

Monday, August 30, 2010

Just Me and My Little Girl

After having some one on one time with one of my twins, I feel the need to revisit the subject and express how truly important it is to spend time alone with each child.
My eldest is homeschooled, so she and I spend everyday together doing schoolwork. Occasionally, we will go shopping together or run errands. This affords us many opportunities to talk about whatever she wants to discuss - a blessing in this time of her growth and change into a young adult.
Spending one on one time with the younger children can be a bit more challenging and requires forethought and planning. It is assuredly worth it, though!
This weekend I spent the day with "My Angel," while the others went fishing with Dad. We did a few chores, then went to the library, got a treat at 7-11, went swimming, practiced yoga, and did manicures and pedicures. It was a calm and beautiful day for the both of us, and I'm sure we both will remember the good time we had together for a long while. She has the pleasure of happy memories with Mom and felt very special just for being her. I believe it's good for the twins to know that they are individuals and that I see them as such. The alone time reaffirms that I feel that way, and gives them a self-esteem boost - something that every kid craves and needs.

No comments: