girls

girls

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Can I Help You, Mom?

I've implemented chores for the older girls and I've found that it actually gets me to do more than I would otherwise. Among her tasks, Maisy has to fold towels, so I must be sure to have at least one load done each day for her to fold. This kick starts me into doing more laundry, resulting in a smaller laundry mountain. Maya has to clear the dinner table. In order for her to put the dishes in the dishwasher, I now make sure it does not have clean dishes still in it. She also has to spray and wipe the stove and counter tops - again requiring some cleaning prep from me. While we are cleaning the kitchen, the twins have been getting into the act, saying "can we help?" Armed with spray bottles of Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day and towels, they can scrub away at whatever they choose. My refrigerator is so sparkly! We made chore charts together at dltk.com and included reading and music practice. I've offered a weekly incentive for fully filled charts to give an extra bit of motivation.

No comments: