girls

girls

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

A crazy morning and my secret to being on time

It was definitely a challenge to get my 10 year old to breakfast book club before school. You know how it is when it's dark, cold and rainy and the bed is so warm and cozy...I got up a few minutes later than I should have and it was a mad scramble to get her lunch made, breakfast packed up, make sure she had everything in her backpack, get the twins up, dressed, socks and shoes, coats, and tell my 6 year old at least 10 times to get her socks, shoes, and coat on. One of the twins was upset with the clothing choice that I had made for her and was fussing. I had to stop and take a big deep breath, then say to myself "It will be ok if she is late to book club."
Somehow that made a difference. I did what needed to be done, without rushing, and you know what? She got there right on time! I must attribute that to my #1 being on time secret: set all clocks (except the car's) 10 minutes ahead of the actual time.

No comments: