girls

girls

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

My Irreverent Maiden

As two of our violin bows were in need of repair, the girls and I made a trip to the violin master's home studio. We entered and Maya promptly took off her faux fur coat and put it on a beautiful grand piano. I apologized and removed it, noticing that she had also removed her Uggs and was proceeding to explore the house. The other girls were staying at my side. I was trying to keep an eye on Maya while showing the bows to the violinist. Then Maya, wearing her Marilyn Monroe style golden "dream dress," stood over the vent and let the air blow her skirt up, and said, "I tooted!" By now, the violinist was staring at us with a look of incredulity. I then realized that her house was very quiet - no children. I asked if she taught little children and she, still staring at us like we were aliens, replied emphatically "Oh no! Not until 4th or 5th grade!"
She gave a date when the bows would be ready, and we made a hasty departure. Driving home, I couldn't help but laugh out loud at Maya's antics, and I felt very grateful for her presence in my life.

No comments: