girls

girls

Monday, November 5, 2007

Rock, Gem, and Mineral Show

Yesterday, I took the girls to the rock, gem and mineral show. As expected, there were many beautiful things to see. I found myself having to breath deeply and make a concerted effort to relax, because the little girls could not keep from picking up the rocks and jewels. I didn't blame them. All that energy! I found a hand blown glass Goddess and when the vendor told me it was $20, I exclaimed "Twenty dollars! I'll have to borrow money from my daughter to buy it!" He let me have it for $15 and threw in a stone heart for each of the girls.
Maya bought an amethyst crystal cluster and was very happy to receive a gold dollar coin in change. Maisy bought earrings and a large ceramic bead in the shape of a panda.
This was one of the more difficult outings for me because I spent most of it overseeing the children.

No comments: